Simply complete and submit this form and we will send you our free, no-obligation quotation. Alternatively , have the following information to hand and telephone us on 0870 990 1700 when we will be pleased to discuss your individual needs.
It is a Condition of our insurance that You MUST comply with the following warranties, which have been introduced for the safety of both You and Your property. Please ensure that you can adhere to these warranties before you decide to incept cover.
Specific Conditions and duties for thatch Properties:
- All chimneys to boilers and open fires are kept in a good state of repair and that they are professionally cleaned along the entire length at least once a year before winter use. If you have a spark arrester fitted it must also be thoroughly cleaned at the same time as the chimney.
- All chimneys to solid fuel stoves or burners are kept in a good state of repair and that they are professionally cleaned along the entire length at least twice a year before and during winter use. If you have a spark arrester fitted it must also be thoroughly cleaned at the same time as the chimney.
- All chimneys to solid fuel enclosed stoves or burners must be professionally lined.
- All old thatch and thatching are to be taken away from the site for burning or burnt more than 100 metres from the home.
- You must not allow any bonfires/incinerators within your control to be lit within 100 metres of the home.
- Any stove which has been notified to us as being unused or dormant will not be used for any purpose.
5. Naked Flames
- No naked flames or tools producing naked flames are present in the attic or loft space at any time.
6. Electrical Wiring
- The electricity supply system must be inspected and tested at least once every 10 years, or as stated on the Current Electrical Certificate or unless operative endorsement 23 applies, by a contractor approved by the National Inspection Council of Electrical Installing Contracting (NICEIC). Any faults found must be corrected in line with regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineers. A certificate of compliance issued by the Inspector is to be produced and a copy of which lodged with your broker after each inspection
7. Smoke Alarms
- The property must be fitted with at least one working smoke detector, which must comply with British Standard 5446 Part 1 and be fitted and maintained in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
8. Fire Extinguish Warranty
- It is a condition of this insurance that a minimum of two fire extinguishes are to be installed at the premises.
9. Fire Blanket
- It is a condition of this insurance that a fire blanket is situated in the kitchen.
10. Roof Inspection
- The thatch roof must be inspected by a qualified thatcher at least every ten years and any repairs found necessary carried out immediately. If you fail to comply with any of the above duties and conditions this insurance may become invalid.
11. Oil Storage
- It is a condition of this policy that any tank
- 1.used for the storage of oil must be professionally installed to comply with building regulations and oil storage regulations.
- 2.that is more than ten years old or is no longer covered under the manufacturer’s warranty must be inspected annually by an Oil Firing Technical Association (OFTEC) registered technician with any resultant recommendations or requirements complied with within 30 days.
If you fail to comply with any aspect of the above condition, cover for the escape of oil including any liability resulting from such an escape, will be excluded from the policy.
Sign up for further information (*) fields are required.
Fill in the quick quote form below or click here for the PDF document: Thatch Proposal Form